Talking Orlando Summer League, and the Magic’s offseason with Philip Rossman-Reich
Our friend and fellow Bloguin writer Philip Rossman-Reich, who does great work over at Orlando Magic Daily and Crossover Chronicles, joined James and myself to talk about his experience at the Orlando Summer League, and what he thinks of the Magic’s offseason moves.
*Note* We recorded before the Magic signed Luke Ridnour, so forgive us for not seeing the future.
We talked extensively about the Orlando Summer League, and Philip shared an unique perspective having been amongst the teams, players, scouts, and other writers. If you’ve ever wondered how things go on in the Summer League (specifically one that is closed to the public) this is the podcast for you.
It was great to have Philip back on, and for those who missed his first appearance on the podcast, here is a link (if you’re a Magic fan, you’ll want to check it out). And as always, the estimated time stamps are listed below, for you listening pleasure.
- What we think of the Aaron Gordon selection – 5:00
- Orlando Summer League – 11:00
- Nerlens Noel’s SL performance – 12:50
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope’s SL performance – 14:00
- Marcus Smart’s SL performance – 15:20
- James Ennis’ strong performances, and his chances of making a roster – 24:40
- James does a little word association with Philip on different players – 26:00
- Orlando’s offseason moves – 46:30
- Arron Afflalo trade – 47:20
- Channing Frye’s contract – 52:20
- Ben Gordon’s contract *shudders* – 57:00
And remember folks, if you like what you hear subscribe on iTunes and follow us on Podbean. Last week’s episode had over 2,200 hits, shattering our previous record. Whether you are a first time listener or tune in every week, we sincerely thank you.